The headline is the most important part of your social media press release. It is the first impression you will make with the reader. If it is not a compelling, people will not click on it. 80% of people read headline copy only.
Below are tips which will help you write that perfect headline:
- Make sure your headline is engaging: It is the first impression not only to readers but to search engines, social media..etc
- Research trending keywords: Using trending keywords in your title will significantly increase your exposure. Google loves trending news and so do people.
- Use search terms you wish to rank on in the headline: This is extremely important. Remember, you will rank on Google News within minutes. Why not take advantage of this by using a search term you wish to rank on.
- Keep your headline to a maximum of 70 characters including spaces: Not doing so will cause your title to be cut off on Google News. Google only reads the first 70 characters.
- Do not use all capital letters in your headline: Readers consider this shouting. Google considers it spammy. You may not appear on Google News if you do this. You can capitalize the first letter of each word.
- Do not add a date in the headline: Adding a date in your headline can kill your release. You want your release to be viewed for as long as possible. Adding a date with just expire your release.
If you follow theses tips, you will have a better chance at ranking for a hard to rank on keyword, grab readers attention and make your release go viral.
Feel free to read my Killer SEO tips when writing a social media press release for more info.