Top Spa Days Trends For 2011
Despite the current economic troubles, demand for spa days continues to buck the trend and is set to increase in 2011 with many spa centres introducing new treatments too.
Kent, UK (PRUnderground) April 6th, 2011
Leading online spa day website Into the Blue has recently published a report into what the company sees as the latest trends in the spa world for 2011. Based on sales for 2010 and new therapies and beauty treatments announced by participating spas for 2011, the top trends are:
- Organic spa products – consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits both to the environment and themselves when it comes to choosing spa and beauty products that are not tested on animals, do not contain parabens and are made from natural, organic products. Several spa days now offer eco-friendly products from brands such as ‘Green People’ from Norway.
- Asian influence – spa days incorporating treatments such as Indian head massages and Reiki is set to increase in popularity, with spa visitors wanting more than just a pamper day
- Holistic therapies – the focus on healing and relaxing the whole body continues in 2011 with several spa centres offering sessions in reflexology and crystal therapy as part of the day spa experience. Spas continue to invest in qualified staff to carry out these highly specialist therapies.
- Salt treatments – these treatments are the rising star of spa days in 2011, with many operators developing Roman salt baths, believed to be highly beneficial for skin complaints and even asthma.
- Spa vouchers – a perennial best seller, the preferred way to offer a pamper day is to buy them a voucher. The advantage of this is that the spa voucher is valid for a full 12 months, so the recipient can choose when they want to go for their day of relaxation and treatments at a time that suits them.
- Boys’ pampering – during the Noughties it’s become cool for men to look after themselves and admit it! After developing men’s spa products in 2010, the trend is set to carry on in 2011, as more and more males want to relax and enjoy grooming and beauty treatments for men.
- The classic – a facial, followed by manicure and pedicure are still some of the most popular ways to enjoy a spa day and Into the Blue predicts this tendency will continue in 2011
- Spa days for two – the idea that enjoying a spa day with a friend or loved one is more fun is gathering pace and Into the Blue has adapted their products to meet this need, offering spa vouchers for couples, mother and daughter spa days, as well as indulgent days for two friends to enjoy
- Big name brands – many spa brands such as Amida, now have a national presence and products that have been traditionally reserved for spa specialists are now being launched on the High Street. This means that spa day clients can now buy their favourite products that are used in the spas for their own use at home.
- Healthy eating – with diet and medical specialists reporting that the way to a healthier body is with sport, relaxation and a healthy diet combined, spas are increasingly offering light lunches to clients that are fresh, home-made and healthy to compliment the activities and treatments offered in their spas and leisure centres.
For more information contact Caroline Face at email@example.com
Into the Blue offers spa day passes for clients to use the main spa facilities all day long, as well as various spa day packages including a selection of therapies and treatments. Prices start with the spa day pass, which is offered at £20 per person and go right up to the Lover’s Spa day with multiple luxury treatments and lunch for two included at £216 for two.
About Into the Blue:
Into the Blue is a specialist experience activity gift voucher company that started life in 1996 as an off-shoot of Air Displays International Ltd (operator of the world-renowned Biggin Hill Air Fair), offering flying activities and lessons.
Since then, the company has added a whole range of different activities to the portfolio of activity gift voucher experiences, which now totals in excess of 700. All experiences are available to buy directly from intotheblue.co.uk or by calling 01959 578100.
The company continues to evolve the range and believes that there is a perfect experience suitable for every individual and for every occasion.