The Top Five Most Expensive Birthday Gifts Ever – And The Party To Go With Them!
There’s nothing like pushing the boat out when it comes to buying birthday gifts, but these presents might just break the bank.
Kent, UK (PRUnderground) June 23rd, 2011
There’s no doubt birthdays are very special occasions and buying birthday gifts for your loved ones is a great pleasure, but in some cases you might need to remortgage the house to be able to offer the most bling bling of gifts. Here’s our top five most expensive birthday gifts in the world:
- A teddy bear for £43,000 – to celebrate the 125th birthday of the very first Steiff bear, the company made a limited edition run of 125 gift bears with fur made from gold thread and sapphires for eyes.
- A bottle of Champagne for £170,000 – in 1917 a boat shipping Heidsieck champagne from France to a rich Russian family capsized. In 2000 divers located the wreckage and found caskets of 200 bottles. The shipwreck champers has been selling at auction for 250,000USD and is being sipped by the world’s richest.
- Your own golf course for £580,000 – the perfect birthday gift for golf fans (if you have a few hundred hectares of land going spare) is to get the legend that is Jack Nicklaus to create your very own 18 hole course. If this sporting present sounds quite reasonably priced, that’s just the design and doesn’t include actually building the thing!
- A sports car for £750,000 – giving any car as a birthday gift is hugely generous, but imagine handing over the keys to a Bugatti Veyron. At present holding the crown for the most expensive production car in the world, this superlative piece of engineering boasts four turbochargers and gives out 1001bhp. Don’t even bother asking what the insurance premium will be!
- An iPhone 4 was created as a special gift and cost just £15 million – yes, what normally costs a few hundred pounds on the High Street has this heavy price tag because it’s encrusted with over 500 diamonds, gold plated and with a flawless 7.4 carat pink diamond. Still costs 10p to send a text message though…
Of course, nothing sets off great birthday gifts more than a fabulous party to go with it and we like the sound of the birthday bash a Ukrainian businessman organised as a gift for himself. Victor Pinchuk, who’s very big in the metal industry back home, splashed out £4 million on a party for his 50th birthday in swanky French ski resort Courchevel.
Not content with the plethora of five star hotels in resort, he organised deluxe marquees and a huge stage with entertainment from Cirque du Soleil and Christina Aguilera. Guests sipped on fine wines and dined on gourmet food from Michelin-starred chefs.
For more information contact Caroline Face at firstname.lastname@example.org
Into the Blue offers birthday gifts to suit all budgets, starting at under £10 to over £1000. Birthday presents are all available as activity gift vouchers valid for 12 months and include high thrills adrenaline activities, spa days, excursions and creative activities too.
About Into the Blue:
Into the Blue is a specialist experience activity gift voucher company that started life in 1996 as an off-shoot of Air Displays International Ltd (operator of the world-renowned Biggin Hill Air Fair), offering flying activities and lessons.
Since then, the company has added a whole range of different activities to the portfolio of activity gift voucher experiences, which now totals in excess of 400. All experiences are available to buy directly from intotheblue.co.uk or by calling 01959 578100.
The company continues to evolve the range and believes that there is a perfect experience suitable for every individual and for every occasion.