“Infected with Herpes virus (HSV-1 or HSV-2)? We recommend taking Novirin or Gene-Eden-VIR.” John Evans, CBCD
According to the CDC, “infectious diseases (including the herpes virus) may be transmitted by sharing a hookah.” (1) A new report from UC San Francisco adds that “many mistakenly believe that using the fragrant water pipe is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.” (2)
As it turns out, smoking hookah is spreading fast. Dr. Barnett and colleagues said in a study published in journal BMC Public Health that “the emergence of hookah is being noted on college campuses and in large U.S. cities and evidence points to an increasing trend for college students.” (3) Dr. Barnett works at Department of Behavioral Science and Community Health, University of Florida. According to Dr. Akl and colleauge, “Waterpipe tobacco smoking has been spreading globally at a remarkable pace.” (4) Dr. Akl works at Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo. This remarkable pace has promoted the American Lung Association to call smoking a hookah the ’emerging deadly trend.’ (5) Dr. Barnett and colleagues also said that “3,770 students at eight universities in North Carolina found more than 40 percent had smoked a hookah at least once, only slightly lower than the percentage who had tried a cigarette at least once.” (3)
“I actually got hooked on smoking a hookah during a vacation trip to the Middle East. There, a hookah is called a Nargilah. Anyway, my buddies and I would sit around and pass the mouth piece around and we’d all share, you know? Well, apparently one of the guys or girls had oral herpes, and because we were sharing, you know we ended up catching it.” – Mike C.
Since smoking hookahs can expose the smoker to the herpes virus, the CBCD recommends that people smoking hookahs take Novirin or Gene-Eden-VIR. The formula of these natural antiviral products was tested by Hanan Polansky and Edan Itzkovitz from the CBCD in two clinical studies that followed FDA guidelines. The studies showed that the Novirin and Gene-Eden-VIR formula is effective against the herpes virus and other viruses. The clinical studies were published in the peer reviewed, medical journal Pharmacology & Pharmacy, the first, in a special edition on Advances in Antiviral Drugs. Study authors wrote that, “individuals infected with the herpes virus (HSV-1 or HSV-2) … reported a safe decrease in their symptoms following treatment with Gene-Eden-VIR.” (6) The study authors also wrote that “we observed a statistically significant decrease in the severity, duration, and frequency of symptoms.” (6)
Both products can be ordered online on the <a href=”http://www.novirin.com”>Novirin</a> or <a href=”http://www.gene-eden-vir.com”>Gene-Eden-VIR</a> websites.
Novirin and Gene-Eden-VIR are natural antiviral dietary supplements. Their formula contains five natural ingredients: Selenium, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Quercetin, Cinnamomum Extract, and Licorice Extract. The first ingredient is a trace element, and the other four are plant extracts. Each ingredient and its dose was chosen through a scientific approach. Scientists at polyDNA, the company that invented and patented the formula, scanned thousands of scientific and medical papers published in various medical and scientific journals, and identified the safest and most effective natural ingredients against latent viruses. To date, Novirin and Gene-Eden-VIR are the only natural antiviral products on the market with published clinical studies that support their claims.
What treatments are available against the herpes virus (HSV-1 and HSV-2)?
“Two types of antiviral treatments against HSV are available: topical and oral. The treatments include penciclovir, acyclovir, famciclovir, and valaciclovir. However, their effectiveness is limited. For instance, a meta-analysis of five placebo-controlled and two dose comparison studies evaluated the effect of aciclovir, famciclovir or valaciclovir on symptoms. The meta-analysis showed that oral antiviral therapy decreases the duration and the associated pain of an outbreak by merely one day.” (6) There are also natural antiviral products that studies show to be safe and effective in reducing herpes symptoms. Two of these products are Gene-Eden-VIR and Novirin.
Click to learn more about <a href=”http://www.novirin.com/Herpes-Remedy.php”>Novirin and herpes virus</a> and <a href=”http://www.gene-eden-vir.com/Herpes-Remedy.php”>Gene-Eden-VIR and herpes virus</a>.
(1) <a href=”http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/tobacco_industry/hookahs”> CDC – Smoking & Tobacco Use</a>
(2) Jeffrey Norris. <a href=”http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2013/04/105236/smoking-hookah-not-harmless-alternative-cigarettes”>Smoking from Hookah Not a Harmless Alternative to Cigarettes</a>. University of California San Francisco, April 17, 2013
(2) Barnett TE, Smith T, He Y, Soule EK, Curbow BA, Tomar SL, McCarty C. <a href=”http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23560649″>Evidence of emerging hookah use among university students: a cross-sectional comparison between hookah and cigarette use</a>. BMC Public Health. 2013 Apr 5;13:302. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-302
(4) Elie A Akl, Swarna Gaddam, Sameer K Gunukula, Roland Honeine, Philippe Abou Jaoude, and Jihad Irani<a href=”http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/39/3/834.long”>The effects of waterpipe tobacco smoking on health outcomes: a systematic review</a>. Int. J. Epidemiol. (2010) 39 (3): 834-857. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyq002
(5) <a href=”http://www.lungusa2.org/embargo/slati/Trendalert_Waterpipes.pdf”>Tobacco Policy Trend Alert – An Emerging Deadly Trend, Waterpipe Tobacco Use</a>. American Lung Association. February 2007
(6) Polansky H, Itzkovitz E. <a href=”http://cbcd.net/Gene-Eden-VIR-Clinical-Study.php”>Gene-Eden-VIR Is Antiviral: Results of a Post Marketing Clinical Study</a>. Pharmacology & Pharmacy, 2013, 4, 1-8 http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/pp.2013.46A001
The Center for the Biology of Chronic Disease (http://www.cbcd.net) is a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) 3 of the IRS tax code. The center’s mission is to advance the research on the biology of chronic disease and to accelerate the discovery of a cure for these diseases. The CBCD first published Dr. Hanan Polansky’s highly acclaimed “Purple” book, entitled “Microcompetition with Foreign DNA and the Origin of Chronic Disease” in 2003. In this book, he explains how foreign DNA fragments can cause many major diseases. The book has been read by more than 5,000 scientists around the world, and has been reviewed in more than 20 leading scientific journals. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.