Romantic Valentine’s Day Driving Suggestions from Carrentals.co.uk
Brits offered advice on romantic places to take a drive this February by car hire comparator
Lightwater, Surrey (PRUnderground) January 30th, 2012
Brits preparing to celebrate Valentine’s Day has been advised on the most romantic drives to take this February. The advice comes from leading online car hire price comparison specialist Carrentals.co.uk.
Gareth Robinson, Managing Director of Carrentals.co.uk, says: “We often see a jump in car hire bookings around this time of year as UK couples look to spend Valentine’s Day somewhere different and romantic.”
“We’ve seen many people looking at unusual destinations this year, and a hire car allows them to explore surrounding areas they might not normally see. To help them out we’ve put a few thoughts down on the most romantic driving locations around this Valentine’s Day:
The Carrentals.co.uk Top 5 Romantic Driving Locations:
1. Amalfi Coast, Italy – One of Italy’s most beautiful locations, the coastal road between the cities of Sorrento and Salerno is a must see. Pretty fishing ports, scenic views and a range of great restaurants all make up the route.
2. Champagne, France – One of Europe’s truly great drives, the 220 kilometre Champagne route passes through some of the most amazing countryside in France and also takes in a number of vineyards.
3. West Coast of Scotland – The route up to the Highlands is stunning. The drive through the West Coast of Scotland and Argyllshire includes castles, seafood restaurants , coastal views and some great remote hotels.
4. Seville, Spain – Spain’s Seville is a study of romance, the city’s whitewashed walls and orange groves conjure up a beautiful atmosphere for visiting couples. A romantic drive out to the gardens at Barrio de Santa Cruz or the Guadalquivir River are great way’s to spend a weekend.
5. Romantic Road, Germany– Passing through some of the most beautiful countryside in Bavaria, the Romantic Road is Germany’s best drive. Pretty villages, historic churches, German ‘schlosses’ aplenty and some great restaurants make up the route.
Carrentals.co.uk is the UK’s leading car hire comparison site providing cheap car hire in over 15,000 locations worldwide including Italy, France, Spain and Portugal, with pick up locations including car hire Faro offers and car hire Faro Airport deals.
To compare the latest car hire deals for a Valentine’s Day getaway visit www.carrentals.co.uk.
Carrentals.co.uk was launched in February 2003 and grew to become one of the UK’s leading online car hire companies by 2006.
In 2007 the company re-launched its site to create the first major online price comparator in the travel industry. Using the latest technology the Carrentals.co.uk site now searches up to 50 different car hire websites, providing an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 15,000 locations.
Websites searched include Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, Ebookers, Hertz, Holiday Autos, Opodo, Sixt and Thrifty, with the Carrentals.co.uk site quickly comparing prices and allowing customers to refine their search by car type.
The Carrentals.co.uk site also features over 5,000 pages of travel information in a mini-guide format.
In 2008 Carrentals.co.uk was voted Best Car Hire Website in the Travolution Awards, and in 2010 it was Highly Commended in the Best Meta-search/Price Comparison category. To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk