New Parcels Report from Apex Insight Sheds Light on the B2B Segment
A new report from Apex Insight, UK Business to Business Parcels Market Insight Report 2015, estimates the segment size, growth and the B2B revenues of leading carriers
London, UK (PRUnderground) September 8th, 2015
A new report from Apex Insight, UK Business to Business Parcels Market Insight Report 2015, estimates the size of the segment; its rate of growth and the B2B revenues of the main carriers serving the B2B segment.
Furthermore, the report provides qualitative findings from a series of in-depth interviews which we carried out with a sample of 23 business-to-business parcels customers.
In spite of the growth of e-commerce and B2C parcel delivery, business to business parcels is still important to the parcels industry, accounting for 35% of market value. Its range of different requirements and highly diversified and fragmented customer base give it greater stability and, potentially, more attractive pricing than the large B2C accounts.
Nearly all of the leading UK carriers serve the B2B segment but their degree of focus on it varies. For some, such as FedEx and TNT, providing a quality service to B2B customers remains the main priority.
Others, such as DPD, UK Mail and Parcelforce are mainly B2C carriers who also serve B2B customers. – A third group, in particular, Hermes – has always had B2C as the main focus and has therefore benefitted greatly from the movement of the market in that direction.
The UK Business to Business Parcels Market Insight Report 2015 provides analysis of the results of qualitative interviews with B2B customers. Topics covered include (but not limited to):
- the use of competitive tendering
- the use of single vs. multiple carriers (often based on service lines)
- the issue of rates and whether customers felt better rates could be achieved
- the size of items and whether carriers could cope with ‘ugly’ items
- levels of customer satisfaction
- requests for service improvements or new capabilities
- changes in parcel volumes and the reasons for the changes
- the desire to switch carriers and perception of alternatives
The report aims to answer some of the following questions:
- What factors are influencing changes in volumes and hence growth of the segment?
- Is the segment likely to grow at, above or below the rate of GDP – and why?
- Are customers looking for new service features either of the type being introduced for B2C customers, or otherwise?
- How satisfied are they with the service they receive?
- Are there any insights on the performance of specific carriers in the B2B segment?
For full report details please visit the report page: UK Business to Business Parcels Market Insight Report 2015
About Apex Insight
Apex Insight is an independent provider of research and consulting services covering business and financial services markets in the UK and Europe. It publishes insightful market reports and carries out commercial due diligence and other bespoke consulting exercises to support managers, investors and advisers in making better business decisions.