n-tech Research Announces New Report, “Markets for Self-Cleaning Coating and Surfaces: 2015-2022
Industry: Market Research
n-tech believes that self-cleaning materials will become one of the largest segments of the smart materials market. Pre-publication pricing through September 28th.
Glen Allen, VA (PRUnderground) September 21st, 2015
Industry analyst firm n-tech Research today announced a new addition to the firm’s research portfolio titled, “Markets for Self-Cleaning Coating and Surfaces: 2015 to 2022” that will be released the week of September 28th of this month. The report is the next from the firm which is heavily focused on addressing the growing smart materials field and follows other releases this year on smart coatings, smart surfaces, smart antimicrobial, smart window materials, smart surfaces and color shifting materials.
Additional details of the report are available at: http://ntechresearch.com/market_reports/markets-for-self-cleaning-coating-and-surfaces-2015-to-2022
About the Report:
n-tech believes that self-cleaning materials will become one of the largest segments of the smart materials market in terms of revenue generation. The selling proposition of a self-cleaning surface is obvious and in fact self-cleaning coatings for cars and windows have been around for years.
Nonetheless, self cleaning materials have remained a niche. Today’s self-cleaning materials do not have long lifetimes and more importantly are often mediocre performers when it comes to their actual ability to self-clean. The opportunity here therefore is to improve self-cleaning materials so they become more autonomic and longer-lasting. If these objectives can be achieved, then the addressable market for smart materials will grow exponentially.
n this report, n-tech discusses how self-cleaning coatings and surfaces will evolve over the next eight years. We survey what products are available now along with the latest R&D in this space to provide a self-cleaning material technology roadmap. We also examine the product /market strategies related to self-cleaning materials that are emerging at both the largest specialty chemical, glass, plastics and textile firms and at startups.
Materials and Technology
This report provides complete coverage of the self-cleaning materials business and the technologies that sustain it:
· Much of the discussion centers around the development of hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces and the emergence of super-hydrophobic and super-hydrophilic technologies. We also examine how hydrophobic and hydrophilic materials can be combined in multi-layer surfaces to maximize the kinds of dirt that can be self-cleaned.
· This report also covers other types of self-cleaning materials technology that we believe will become increasingly commercially successful. These include those based of electrostatic and catalytic approaches. In addition, we look a novel approaches to self-cleaning that are not based on smart materials, but which may prove highly competitive to self-cleaning materials. These include ultrasound and technologies based on micro-vacuum technology.
· Also covered are the likely business potential for multifunctional surfaces that combine self-cleaning with other smart material functionality. As n-tech sees it there are significant markets for materials that combine self-cleaning with some kind of self-healing or smart antimicrobial functionality. Another related development is that of the omniphobic surface – a surface that can self-clean itself from almost anything.
Applications and Markets for Smart Composites
This report also includes an analysis of the application areas where n-tech sees smart self-cleaning surfaces and coatings generating significant revenues in the next decade. These areas include:
· Construction – interior and exterior surfaces and windows
· Energy – solar panels and wind generators
· Automotive – interior and exterior surfaces, mirrors and windows
· Clothing and textiles
· Consumer products – electronics and appliances
· Medical surfaces.
This report contains detailed forecasts of the self-cleaning coatings and surfaces market including:
· Revenue ($ Millions)
· Volume (square meters)
· Breakout by application
· Breakout by materials and technology.
In this report n-tech also examines the product development and marketing strategies of the firms to watch in self-cleaning materials including an analysis of their R&D programs.
The evaluation of self-cleaning coatings and surfaces markets in this report is based on interviews with key influencers in smart materials markets, as well as numerous secondary resources. It also draws on n-tech’s insider knowledge of the smart materials business.
About n-tech Research
n-tech Research is the leading provider of market research and industry analysis for the advanced materials sector, with a special focus on the latest functional and smart materials. The company is the next evolution of NanoMarkets and represents a rebrand and more from what has been an extremely successful firm that started back in 2004.
Our reports and services are designed to identify the latest business opportunities, whether they involve printing, coating, or patterning materials. Our client roster is a who’s who of companies in specialty chemicals, materials, electronics applications and manufacturing.