Marble Mountain Ranch Announces Course Events Organized By The American Trail Horse Association
The American Trail Horse Association and Marble Mountain Ranch team up to offer equestrian challenges that are organized on the premise of helping riders improve their tr
Klamath River, California (PRUnderground) February 24th, 2015
Tucked away in the hills of Sombes Bar of California is a place where memories are made and the hecticness of the day is forgotten. Welcome to Marble Mountain Ranch, a family vacation dude ranch. Marble Mountain Ranch’s unique guest ranch activities of American cowboy trail riding, kayaking, fly fishing, and whitewater rafting has drawn the attention of the American Trail Horse Association (“ACTHA”).
ACTHA’s goal is to create an enjoyable outlet to research and showcase amazing characteristics of the American trail horse. Their organization helps maintain a registry open to all breeds of horses for all to enjoy their value and distinction. Through their promotion of humane treatment of horses they are able to highlight venues, ranches, and trails that encourage healthy, strong relationships between horse and man.
ACTHA and Marble Mountain Ranch have teamed up to hoste a competitive trail course (CTC) at Marble Mountain Ranch and an Arena Obstacle Course (AOC) organized through the American Trail Horse Association. Scheduled events include the following.
- May 23 competitive trail course CTC ride
- May 24 Arena Obstacle course. This is a rare opportunity for riders to bring their own horses to Marble Mountain Ranch and ride their trail systems, that are normally ONLY accessed by guests riding ranch horses. ACTHA participants can bring their horses the week prior to the competition and join regular Marble Mountain Ranch events using their own horses.
- Complimentary cabin lodging the night of Saturday evening during the ACHTA events for those who join a regular 3 night package or 5 night ranch package the week prior to the ACTHA event.
- $50 cash credit at the Marble Mountain Ranch gift shop for first place winner of the CTC and $50 for OAC in addition to the usual winner recognitions, certificates and ribbons afforded to winners through ACTHA.
- No-cost horse hoof care seminar is offered during the ACTHA weekend.
Competitive trail obstacles and challenges are characteristic of the mountain trail riding experience, to include creek crossings, vertical grade changes, tight turns on narrow trail treads, and simulated step-overs through downed trees. Additionally, a vet tech will be on hand during the event to make sure horses are happy and safe to make the most of the trails.
The goal of Marble Mountain Ranch in openeing up their dude ranch in California is to offer fun, low key, challenges that are organized on the premise of helping riders improve their trail skills, and train their horses for better and safer trail experiences. All of the Marble Mountain Ranch amenities will be open to ACTHA participants, to include cottage lodging, meal service, and ranch events such as rafting, shooting range sports, as well as additional riding opportunities.
More information can be found online at Marble Mountain Ranch’s California dude ranch blog, by visiting actha.us or by calling Marble Mountain Ranch at 1-800-552-6284.
About Marble Mountain Ranch
Dude ranch vacations for families are taken to a new level at Marble Mountain Ranch. Enjoy a guest ranch vacation horseback riding or trail riding in California.