By Alex Miranda
Once again Google came up with another update. If you have not heard of it yet, you will soon. It is called the “Search, plus your world” update. This Google update really gets personal. However, in order to use it, you must be signed in to Google Plus. It seems that Google is really going after Facebook by having everyone sign up for a Google Plus account. Why not, after all they are the worlds biggest search engine.
The update rolled out today. Once you are signed in, Google will alert you with a message letting you know that you can now start using “Search plus your world” If you sign in and do not see the message, don’t worry eventually you shall see it.
So how does this new update work?
- It finds relevant personal results just for you based on people you follow and your likes.
- An icon will appear next to your search so that you know it is a personal result.
- When you do a search, not only well it include results from across the web, but it will also include privately shared content from anyone you follow.
- Don’t worry no one but you can see the results. Google says it is totally private to each user. Hmnnnnnnn…
- It allows you to switch from personalized to global search with the press of a button.
Once again this is a huge game changer in the world of search engine optimization. Is it now more important than ever to friend people who are interested in keywords you are trying to rank for on Google. Imagine you shared a blog post about Cookies with your audience. If they are your friend and they do a search on ‘Cookies”, based on this update, your friend will see your post on their results. Now imagine if you start blogging for target specific keywords? Do you get where I am going here my friends.
Now more than ever it is important that you are involved in social media, blogging, sharing and distributing social media press releases of course. My suggestion is start friending people with similar interest.
If you want to know more about the new update, you can read about it HERE
About Alex Miranda:
Alex Miranda has been doing SEO since 1998. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the social media press release distribution company PRUnderground. Alex in known for his $20, 5 minutes on top of Google strategy. He is also the Chief SEO strategist at Marknet Group Inc. A master of WordPress SEO, Alex is the assistant organizer of The Hudson Valley WordPress Meetup group.