Britain’s Top Five Bungee Jumping Locations
Bungee jumping is one of the best-loved adrenaline activities in the UK and revealed are the top five most popular places to bungee.
Ken UK (PRUnderground) March 21st, 2011
Bungee jumping is set to continue its reign as one of the most popular adrenaline sports for 2011, according to leading UK activity gift voucher company Into the Blue. The number of bungee jumping gift vouchers sold in the last quarter of 2010 saw a 50% rise, compared to the same period in 2009 and the top five most popular bungee jumping destinations are as follows:
- Outdoor bungee jumping – the classic 160ft bungee jump takes place at a site near Windsor, with additional sites at Manchester, Birmingham, Cambridge, Bristol, Brighton and Glasgow. Offering best value for money at just £49 for one jump, this is the most popular bungee jumping option
- Bungee jumping at London’s O2 Arena – a truly unique location, it’s little wonder this jump is in the top five. A crane 160ft off the ground will see you jumping right next to the famous O2 – one of the largest indoors arenas in Europe – with the River Thames and Canary Wharf as your backdrop. Both single and tandem bungee jumping is on offer.
- The 300ft bungee near Windsor – this is the XXL version of this adrenaline-pumping extreme sport. It’s the highest available jump in the UK and as you throw yourself off the platform 300ft above the ground, you’ll experience a full four seconds of free-falling. Seriously not for the fainthearted!
- Tandem bungee jumping – if they’re too scared to go it alone or just want to jump with a loved one, these tandem bungee jumping vouchers mean they will jump together from a 160ft high platform, available at various locations in the UK
- Bridge bungee jumping – the only bridge jump in the UK and it was made famous by the TV show ‘Auf Wiedersehen Pet’. The iconic transporter bridge in Middlesborough really is an amazing structure and you’ll have to climb 210 steps to get to the top of the bridge, which is sure to get your heart racing before even jumping
Activities manager at Into the Blue Darren Dray commented: “Following excellent sales at the end of 2010 over the Christmas period, bungee jumping looks set to retain its popularity in 2011, as it offers big thrills at best value prices. With all vouchers being valid for a full 12 months, recipients have plenty of time to pluck up the courage to get booked in for their bungee – then all they have to do is jump!”
For more information contact Caroline Face at firstname.lastname@example.org
Into the Blue offers bungee jumping at both outdoor and indoor locations throughout the UK. Most centres operate all year round and some offer tandem jumps as well, at £109 for each pair jumping. The number one best selling 160ft outdoor jump retails with Into the Blue at £49 per person per jump. Bungee jumping locations offered include Berkshire, London, Middlesborough, Birmingham, Cambridge, Manchester, Sheffield, Yorkshire, Bristol and Glasgow.
About Into the Blue:
Into the Blue is a specialist experience activity gift voucher company that started life in 1996 as an off-shoot of Air Displays International Ltd (operator of the world-renowned Biggin Hill Air Fair), offering flying activities and lessons.
Since then, the company has added a whole range of different activities to the portfolio of activity gift voucher experiences, which now totals in excess of 400. All experiences are available to buy directly from intotheblue.co.uk or by calling 01959 578100.
The company continues to evolve the range and believes that there is a perfect experience suitable for every individual and for every occasion.