7 Steps to Better Hearing from Hidden Hearing Ireland
A guide to your hearing test and hearing aid fitting.
Ireland (PRUnderground) December 12th, 2013
Patient quality of care is of fundamental importance to Hidden Hearing. Our Audiologists carry out a comprehensive hearing assessment completing the following important seven steps when prescribing any of our invisible hearing aids.
- Step 1 our Audiologists carry out a full case history which includes a brief medical history.
- Step 2 an otoscopy is performed to BSA standards and reveals the condition of the outer ear canal and the tympanic membrane. Tuning fork tests can give an indication whether the loss is conductive, sensorineural, or unilateral.
- Step 3 is Sound Field Testing. This test gives us statistical information on the ability to hear words reproduced both in quiet and in noisy environments.
- Step 4 is a full audiometric test to BSA procedures. This test includes air conduction and bone conduction testing during this test hearing thresholds are recorded.
- Step 5 allows the patient to experience hearing amplification with instruments which are prescription programmed to match the hearing loss.
- Step 6 requires the patient to return for their hearing aid fitting. This consultation includes guiding and training the patient on how to use and care for their hearing aids and what to expect from them.
- Step 7 is the follow up and checking of the rehabilitation process. This follow up visit will also see a repeat of the sound field testing using hearing amplification. In almost all cases this second test reveals improved scoring on word recognition.
If you would like further information apply here for our free booklet ‘7 Steps to Better Hearing’ to be sent out to you today.
About Hidden Hearing
Hidden Hearing is Ireland’s premier professional provider of hearing healthcare in the private sector with a national network of over sixty five branches and clinics.
Over the past 25 years across Ireland we have worked hard to develop a reputation for offering world-class hearing healthcare services and lifelong support for our patients. Hidden Hearing is the only hearing healthcare provider to offer customers a lifetime of free batteries, a 90 day money back guarantee and free six monthly check up for the life of the hearing aid. In addition, we take great pride in our modern testing facilities, staffed by highly qualified audiologists, who treat every patient as if they were our first. We are committed to improving hearing healthcare services in Ireland and we provide a national hearing screening service, conducting over 30,000 free hearing tests each year. Hidden Hearing, we listen, you hear.